The Buck Stops Here

I am the CEO of Stay Frosty. I am not a Dictator however, I take my cues from the members and from my appointed cabinet of fearless Directors. Every member of Stay Frosty has a say in what happens, both in chat, email and on the Corp forums.

It isn't complicated. We don't have Sov or any grand plans of conquest. We are pretty simple folk who simply wish to fight the good fights when we find them, undock and have some fun. So running Stay Frosty is a lot like herding cats.

As CEO I do feel it is my duty to stand for my members, to be their advocate both in and out of game, to encourage them, to defend them, and to help them in any way possible. This is what I do. If one of our pilots gets into trouble I will derp myself in order to help. I've done it numerous times, sometimes successfully and sometimes not. But I never hesitate.

That is how I lead. By example. I play the same way our members play. I take the same risks they take. This isn't some glorious subterfuge on my part, it just so happens that the play-style I enjoy the most is exactly how Stay Frosty is built. Duh. That is kind of the whole point.

I've taken a lot of heat and criticism in the past for how I translate that philosophy here on the blog. It happened back when I was CEO of Lucifer's Hammer and it is happening again. That's fine. I often post wearing my CEO hat and I often post wearing my player's hat. The "heat" derives from other people's desire to put me in a corner and have me behave according to their own rules. If we've learned anything together during the last four years of this blog, it is simply this - no one puts me in a corner.

I say and do what I want both here on this blog and in-game. I listen to my readers, those that have the courage to sign their comments, those on tweetfleet, my friends in the community I serve, and my pilots. But I make my own decisions. This blog has its own voice and will continue to remain so as long as I am writing it. You do not have to like it, read it, pay attention to it, or in any other way acknowledge its existence. That is totally on you.

I will continue to talk openly about events that are happening in-game. And I will use my own judgement when it comes to determining which of those are worthy of mentioning in a post and which are not. No one else makes that decision. The buck stops here.

It has been this way for over four years and it will continue. No amount of harassment, anonymous comments, or anything else will stop that. So get used to it, or ignore it, either way is up to you.

I wrote yesterday's post because I had to. It was the last piece of a puzzle. I tried to write it straight, but in an entertaining way. I am always mindful of my readers and try each day to provide an entertaining read.

I don't expect my readers to know the full story of why, how, or what is behind every post. Especially one like yesterdays. I have my reasons. Sometimes you need to do something just to say you did it. Publicly. Out in the open.

Personally I couldn't give a rat's ass about that other Corporation. I have much more important things to deal with these days. But, as CEO, there remained one last thing to achieve. And yesterday's post achieved it.

Consider it the closing of a chapter if that makes you feel better. A chapter I personally closed seven months ago, but which other forces continue to re-open.

Keep the courage.