CCP's Walls

The other day CCP put out a call to help decorate two large walls in some newly expanded space. If you missed it, you can read about it at this Dev Blog. It is a rather unusual request and one that is rarely (if ever) made. So I encourage all of you to consider entering.

Given the dimensions given in that article the final specs put the murals at 8 feet wide (270cm x 135cm) so these pieces are going to be huge! It would be insanely awesome to have art hanging in CCP HQ, so naturally yours truly is making a go of sending along some submissions for consideration.

I have some ideas in the works, but I've already submitted three pieces for them to consider. I might even do some more, but time is really at a premium right now what with preparation for Fanfest well under way. So we'll see how much time I have to put some additional pieces together. I may just end up with these three submissions.

See what you think.

The Patrol
This first one might seem familiar as it is based directly on a Signature Wallpaper I finished recently and is currently on rotation in this blog's header image. This might be one of my favorite pieces ever as I think it captures so much about what Eve means to me. It is extremely evocative, there is so much potential story in that image. And I think it would make a great mural.

Paisly Caracal
This one is admittedly a little bit out there, but I wanted to try something more striking and influenced by a pop-art sensibility. Granted this isn't what most Eve art looks like, but I like it for that reason alone. It is a strong element and I'm not sure CCP's wall is ready for something like it. But you never know.

Paisly Caracal Blue


Rip in Imagination
A lone Comet makes a mark on space-time and rips open space itself, revealing New Eden and a map of Star Systems in its wake. The negative space on this one is the whole point and it makes for a powerfully striking image that captures, in my opinion, the entirety of the Eve experience in a single image. At least from a certain perspective. Which is why I liked it so much.

Stratios March


Nothing Ventured


I have no idea if CCP will choose one of these for the wall murals, but I hope so. Like I said, I may do a few more or I may not. Undecided right now.

I hope you all enter if you can and good luck.