Eve Propaganda

If you missed it, be sure to check out this article over on Rock Paper Shotgun about Eve Propaganda.  I was honored to be asked to participate and enjoyed talking with Steven about my experiences with in and out of game propaganda mechanics.


Unleash The Big Boys

As far as I'm concerned personally my "Propaganda" days essentially ended when I left Null Sec politics. I say "essentially" because it would be hard to quantify my efforts since those days. In many ways propaganda is specifically an expression of politic will, the intention of which is to affect and effect both the minds and outcomes of both internal and external audiences. To that end, my post-Null efforts, in bringing back the Vagabond Frills or in generating attention for bad modules (as examples), are not specifically expressing a political will. They are, for all intents and purposes, more advocacy projects than propaganda.

Certainly I still create pieces that are pro-corp/alliance, but those are primarily about recruitment and creating a community within both groups. These are borderline propaganda, but not typically what one thinks of when they think of it.

Either way, excellent article and I enjoyed participating. Eve is a fascinating place and there is room for so many different kinds of expression within its sandbox.