Remember Myrskaa (again)

Myrskaa Red Poster
Click to download heap big versions


I was inspired by all the other entries in the contest and thought of this one late last night. Good fun. I like when I have an idea, sit down and make it happen. Everything just comes together in a rush and boom, I've just given birth to something that didn't exist before. Before this was a gray and brown photo of an industrial welder that I once used for a corporate ad for a client years and years ago. 

There are a bunch of solid entries in this contest and who knows who will eventually "win". I have nothing to do with that decision and I always feel the same way about contests - whatever. You can't think about them, or worry about them, or let them bother you. I've won contests I barely tried and entered at the last minute and I've lost them when I poured my heart and soul into an entry, and vice versa. Art. Everyone has their own opinion.

To everyone that entered I would like to say, well done. You inspired me and I believe you have inspired many others. It is rare to see an Eve Fan Art contest get this many entries, so that is very exciting. I wish you all the very best of luck and would like to encourage each of you to continue. The greatest gift you can give an artist is encouragement and support. And all of you have mine.

Someone once tried very hard to kill the artist inside of me. And while they failed miserably, it has taken me years and years of hard work to overcome and break thru the other side. I still struggle with it and probably always will. But what they failed to understand (and probably still do) is that it won't die. Because I won't let it.

Don't let yours die either.