Where do we go from here?

 




I've been writing in these pages for over ten years now. I've watched blogging transform over those years from a bustling and vibrant community to a withered shell of its former glory. I've watched hundreds of blogs pop up and fade away. And still I continue on. These days, even for me, sitting down to write more words about a game I've been playing for 12 years can be challenging. I still play every single day that I can, but finding a topic that hasn't already been covered is difficult. Things change of course. Triglavians come and Sansha incursions go, but generally speaking we've all been there and done that.

Add to that all that is happening out here in the real world. 2020 has been a real bitch. And no matter what part of the world you call home, you have to be feeling it in one way or another. This constant stress hasn't helped things. Blowing up another spaceship is still fun and all, but in the context of a rampaging, little understood, politically charged plague? You get my point here.

Yesterday I sent an Alliance mail out to everyone in ABA regarding a buddy system for voluntarily sharing contact information with other players in the Alliance. In case someone needs help, or disappears, or in some other way needs us. Along with that email myself and Starfire Dai (the CEO of Lucifer's Hammer) also shared our contact emails. We are in many ways a type of family and we care about each other enough to have each other's backs in-game, we should have each other's backs out of game as well. If you are reading this I encourage you to consider something similar in your own organization.

So far me and mine are doing the best we can. We are the very definition of "hanging in there" and trying our best to stay positive. Somedays are better than others. But we are fortunate. For now. Understanding that none of us can know what might happen next. And living every day with the sure knowledge that it can get worse. Which might be the first time in my own life that I've truly believed that. Which might be the saddest thing I've written in this post so far.

Which brings us right back to Eve and blogging about Eve. Eveoganda will endure. I will continue to write in these pages and share my adventures with you. Both in-game and out. It is too late to stop now. There may be gaps these days, but the desire to continue remains strong.

Keep the courage.