Quotes of the Week

There have been some really great ones this past week, so I thought I'd share some of the better ones that didn't appear on the blog.

I've taken the liberty of making some of these Anon according to my personal sense of right and wrong. Others I have left the source. This is my blog and I get to do things like that.

So let's start things off on the right foot with this gem via evemail:

"Just so you are aware... my only purpose in life is to make you pay. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. but someday and for the rest of your life. hugs"  - h1pp0

> Believe it or not, I am a Pirate. And a Pirate is no good without enemies. I admit there is a part of me that finds this a tad worrisome, since he didn't specify this being an "in-game" threat. Just a friendly reminder then, Real Life and Eve are different things. I'm hopeful the hugs part means we can still be friends.

UPDATE: The above quote came from a poor guy who I killed and podded the other day in a short period of time. He came back to loot his first wreck. So it has nothing at all to do with recent events. Whew.

"MAKE SURE TO BLOG ABOUT IT" - SmarncaV2

> I chose this one out of the half-dozen or so others I received from my friends in SC because he was being sarcastic. This wasn't a suggestion in other words. So you get your ten minutes. Enjoy.

"Thread is locked" - Sully

> This one comes from so many sources on the Tusker forum. Any form of open ( and I might add "private") debate is usually closed off with this sentence from the Boss.

"The reason for my mail, is, I was particularly drawn to your comments regarding your children. As a teacher of special educational needs, specifically teenagers with Autism. I have a tiny understanding of how difficult life can be for parents who have children with Autism, also how special and magical it can be be too." - Anon

> I got a tremendous amount of feedback, all of it positive, on my recent public revelation that two of my four boys are on the Autism Spectrum. I'd like to personally thank all of you, you've once again proven just how strong this community is and why I keep playing and writing.

"I would like to extend an invitation to..." - Everyone

> Good grief. I think I have an invitation from all corners of Eve at this point. Null sec, Wormholes, Pirates, FW, you name it and someone wants to have me flying with them. THANK YOU. Forgive me if I don't manage to get back to all of you, although I will try. Right now my only plans are to chill for a few weeks and let this thing settle a bit. I've made rash decisions in the past that I've lived to regret ( I once joined a terrible hi-sec gank corp for a day! ) that I want to take my time with this one. Nothing is off the table at this point.

And one last one to end on. I hope he doesn't get mad at me for posting this. It perfectly summed up this past week in ways that I've been challenged to do. Plus it comes from an ex-Tusker which makes it even more sweet.

"So yeah, I completely get it. Suborning your play style to someone else's perfectionism isn't worth it. Suborning your play style to anyone else for any reason isn't worth it - but I'm pretty well preaching to the choir here, aren't I? I've never known you to be the type that changes what you do because someone doesn't like it. I'm sure you'll find a place in EVE where you can keep being Rixx. You always do." - Anon

Thank you for those words and for the rest of the email I didn't post. I don't think you have any idea just how much they meant to me. But now you do.


Onward and Upward. Next week I'll start talking about building towards my new life in Eve and some of the lessons I've learned. The adventure continues.

PS: I forgot one of the best ones.

"Tawa has been dealt with, privately." - Sully

Shame not all Tuskers get that chance.