The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Enough with the politic crap, let's get back to what this blog is really, sorta, most-of-the-time, primarily, kinda focused on - good fights!! And not-so good fights. And fights that leave you scratching your head. Gosh, you'd think Eve was a PvP game or something!

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is an on-going series in which I do things that few other PvPers would dare do - point out my mistakes for public mockery. And generally make fun of myself. I'll also throw in a few awesome examples of my superior piwate skillz, just to balance things out. On with the show.

The Good
Tristan Vs Vengeance
Ok this one is a tad complicated, so bear with me. NorwegianDarkness had engaged this Vengeance that dropped on him after a previously completed fight. He was already in a bad position and went down shortly after Skir and I arrived in our frigates. Akir'a Atron was obviously forced to keep his distance, so I was left with only one choice - burn in and hug the AF. Which is a rather dangerous proposition. Needless to say I OH'd everything, released the drones, and dived right up to his nose. The surprising thing was that it worked. Adi claimed afterward that he burnt out his repper, which probably explains that. Whew.

The Ugly
Hawk Vs 2x Thrashers
It is hard to believe that the Hawk is my all-time 7th most used PvP ship. It is hard to believe because I seriously feel terrible in them. It also doesn't help when you totally derp yourself and forget that you have TWO asb mods instead of just one. Oh yeah, it doesn't work if you don't turn it on!

The Bad
Frigate Swarm Vs Ferox
I can't miss an opportunity to warn my readers about the dangers of WCS! This Ferox had three of them and I don't think he even had the chance to lock any of us before he exploded in a ball of fire. I seriously suggest that any other module in his low slots would have served him better. He gets a pass for being so young, but learn your lesson and fly smarter! Please.

The Good
Enyo Vs Cruor
This was an incredibly satisfying fight. I don't often fly the Enyo, they being so expensive and me being such a poor piwate, but I love the ship. Cruor's are nasty things and diving into one while your mates are still a few jumps away is extremely dangerous. Luckily I managed to keel him before his buddy in the Vengeance showed up at the same time my back-up arrived. I love it when a plan comes together.

The Good and Ugly
Tristan Vs Condor
Normally I wouldn't call this fight out, but the circumstances are interesting. I had just finished exploding a ship in a Large Plex when this Condor warps in at about 30k or so. There is no way my fat Tristan is catching a Condor, but I locked him up and sent my Hobs after him anyway. This is a prime example of why you should do that, because the HObs caught him and he exploded. When the km arrived I realized just how young the pilot was, but it wasn't until my inbox started blinking that I truly realized how young the pilot was. That was his first PvP loss. We had an excellent conversation afterwards and I invited him to consider Stay Frosty once he got his sea legs. I love my job.

The Bad
Breacher Vs Kestrel
I was feeling pretty good, I had just exploded a Kestrel in the next system when this one appeared in local. I was already aware that this pilot always flies with links and sure enough there was his orange link alt in local. So, of course, I went in anyway. I love that Breacher fit, it kills lots of ships, but it melted under the linked rockets of that kessie like nobodies business. And despite using two ships to explode my one ship, he still gets credit for a solo kill! Strange. (C'mon, you seriously didn't think I was going to let that go, did you?)

The Good
Comet Vs 2 Merlins
Merlin one and Merlin two both sitting at zero in the plex when I jumped in. Now this was a truly awesome brawl. Two well-fit blaster merlins pumping out some serious at range dps against my rail fitted scram kiting Comet! Woot! I wish I could find fights like that every day. Lots of manual flying, web dictation, drone assignments, and OH'd modules later and both of them exploded rather nicely. Excellent fight.

That should do it for this installment. I'm hoping to get some more play time this week, been so busy in real life lately and dealing with politics in-game, that I haven't had much time to actually undock and find fights.

See you all in space.