RIP Leonard Nimoy


Legendary actor Leonard Nimoy passed away today at the age of 83.

I wasn't planning on posting today, but I also can't let this pass without reflection. So many people today, along with myself, will be remembering his role as Mr. Spock in Star Trek. And rightfully so. He was born to play the role and made it become the iconic character that it will always be. But he was so much more than that. I'll leave it to others who knew him to remind us of his life.

For me Spock was the heart and soul of the original Star Trek. A show that lit a spark within my own heart that still burns today for all things science-fiction, and science fact. A life-long wonderment at the vastness of space and time. And, to a large extent, compassion for all those that are different. To me that was always the real lesson to be learned from Leonard's portrayal of Spock - that despite each of us being alien to each other - that all beings share a commonality of spirit.




Live long and prosper.

Thank you.