WWB Documentary Trailer



When C4w3 asked me if I'd like to be involved in the creation of a WWB Documentary I didn't hesitate to say yes, of course, duh. Even though my plate is overflowing with EVE projects, I couldn't pass up a chance to lend a hand. (I have serious issues with saying no apparently.)

With the G-Fleet event only a few short weeks away, we needed a trailer as soon as possible. So I sat aside yesterday to work on it. I've cut trailers before, including two for other documentaries, so I'm rather well versed in how difficult they can be. Distilling a theme, or conveying a message in a short amount of time can be rather challenging. Especially when there are more cooks in the kitchen. I once cut a trailer for an Academy Award winning documentary director that took a month to finish. That was a nightmare, or at least that is what I thought. When it was over she gave me one of the nicest compliments I've ever received. Even so, that trailer was a tough one.

Luckily, in this case, I was pretty much left to my own devices. Which is both a blessing and a huge amount of pressure. WWB is a complicated piece of history that has many and varied root causes, story lines, players, and potential outcomes. But essentially it all boils down, in my mind at least, to one powerful narrative. So that narrative is what I choose to focus on in the trailer. And for those that might still consider me overly 'grrr Goons', let me politely remind you that I could have easily used the word "Fail" instead of "Fall". But I didn't. To do so seemed grossly unfair, because EVE is an on-going story that has yet to be finally written.

I was lucky to stumble on the music track for this over on AudioJungle, when I heard it I knew it was the perfect track. After that, everything else just started falling into place.

Looking forward to this project. I hope you enjoy the trailer.