6,000 Kills

Killboard Numbers since 2012
I waited a few days to post again so that everyone had a chance to see the FREE Eve 15th Anniversary poster in the post below this one. If you missed it scroll down and download your own copy.

Back in the early days of Eve we didn't have the awesome API linked kill/loss reporting that we have today. Posting kills that you were not the Final Blow on was often tricky and difficult. I have two Titan kills and a whole bunch of Capital kills missing, along with about 400 or so other kills (that I know of) that are probably missing forever. The problems with the old system are legendary, my Son actually used to be an admin on BattleClinic, and the fake killmails would roll in constantly. The new system is far superior, so if that means about 400 kills (and to be fair, about 75 losses) are lost to time - then so be it. To make things easier we just don't talk about the past and pretend everything is ok.

So, according to zKill this week I finally scored my 6,000th kill in Eve. As you can see it took me about 2.5 years to get 700, which is what happens when your life is in ruins and you essentially take 2 years off.

My 6,000th kill was this Corax.

Nothing super special, just another workman like day for the Pirate Lord of Low Sec. To me my killboard is simply a journal of my adventures in New Eden over the past decade. I have a lot less kills than some (like my good friend Cerv in Stay Frosty who has over 15,000) but also far more than most. I do try to keep my efficiency around 75%, but that isn't something I really think about all that much. I take pride in being CEO of Stay Frosty and all that brings with it, along with my own visibility in local. It is what it is. And it is part of the fun.

I'm far more interested in our 100,000th kill as a Corporation, which is coming up here shortly. In a few days.

10,000 was always a goal that I would like to reach. Will I? Let's see, I promise to keep undocking and derping around.