Where Do We Go From Here?


Holy Races



I haven't been writing as much lately. Real life has been so freaking weird. The anxiety of living in a Pandemic. The riots. The anger. Noise. Insanity. Uncertainty. I don't need to tell you, you are living in it with me. Our trip to Iceland for Fanfest was cancelled. Our Summer cruise with Eve nerds in the Baltic was cancelled. Eve North. Same. And then school, so our two boys who still live with us are home 24/7. My Wife was home for three months, working next to me in the studio. And now she has returned to an empty downtown to work in the office, one week at the office, one week at home. And that makes zero sense.

All of which, on top of my Dad's cancer (He was recently declared cancer free!) and not being able to visit family and friends - has really put everything into a weird place. And most bizarre of all is that we are all expected to just roll with it and move on like nothing is happening. 

I can tell you this, creative energy does not flourish in such an environment.

And that has been my own personal demon the past three months. 

All of which is to say, thank little gee god for Eve. My Alliance mates, Tweetfleet, the whole stinking bunch of you. Thanks to all the salt in local. The threats. The anger. The jokes. The memes. Thanks to CCP for adding new ships that make no sense at all. For the constant weirdness of free gifts every single day without end. Thanks for the distraction that was the CSM election. Thanks to my wonderful wife who, for the first time in 12 years, said I could run for student council next year. Thanks to you for coming back and reading. And thanks for those of you who find me in other places. Seriously. Thank you.

Eve has truly helped. It's a rock to stand on, an unhinged and insane rock, but a steady and expected place. And that counts for something these days, maybe more than ever before. Eve has always been there, but I think now it counts for even more. Maybe we all need it a bit more than we did. And maybe it helps a lot more than we realized.

These are unusual times. We are all trying to find our way, stay safe, and prosper as best we can. So I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone. I'm feeling it also. We're all in this together.

If you feel the need to talk I am around somewhere. Or if you really need to talk talk, please Broadcast For Reps on Discord, or on Twitter, and speak to someone.

Hang in there and keep the courage.



The title of this blog post comes from a song by the Alan Parsons Project. Which I think is pretty appropriate given the subject.