Small Gang Roam

Ok here's the deal, I'm taking my small gang on a roam to the beach next week.  Its been six years since I took a week off and it is about time to do it again.  We don't plan on engaging any reds along the way, but you never know.  Mostly I think we'll be hanging out in station and "spinning", maybe some serious Planetary Interaction of a temperate nature.

Now, don't worry.  I have some treats for you while I am gone.  You know how much I care about you dear reader and your friendly neighborhood eve blogger has some things planned to keep you happy while I am away.

It figures that around the time I am going away I've finally started to develop some new ideas for posts here at Eveoganda.  Isn't that the way it always works?  For the past few weeks I've been having some serious conversations with the people in my head about Small Gang Warfare and we've come to some interesting conclusions and opinions.  But I don't really have time to develop those fully yet, so you'll have to wait a tad longer.  In the meantime, take a moment to read Cailais thoughts on the subject.  He is going in a different direction than I am, but it is good reading and thought provoking.

For everyone with commissions in the pipeline I'm sorry I wasn't able to squeeze you ALL in before vacation.  Just know that you'll be a priority when I get back.  Mostly know though that squeezing you in would've meant lowering my quality standards and I will never allow that to happen.  It's only a week and it'll be over before you know it.

I have to admit I was a bit shocked at the amount of negative energy on the forums regarding the black-out this week.  Is this the way our community conducts itself?  Really?  C'mon people I think we can do better than that.  We're very fortunate that Eve doesn't go down more often than it does, and CCP seems to have some interesting things in the works already to make it up to us.  I think that deserves some recognition.  You know me well enough by now to know I'm more than willing to call CCP on their stupidity when it is appropriate, I just don't believe this is one of those times.  Maybe it's because I've been involved in server moves before.

I'm very interested to see what next week brings and what is meant by, "This will be done through a new system in the development pipeline, currently scheduled for deployment next Tuesday’s patching opportunity* during regularly scheduled downtime. Since it has been “hot dropped” into the development plans, we will be providing step-by-step instructions for how to use it as soon as possible."


Lots of guessing going on right now, but to me it sounds a lot like the annual "attribute switch" is being applied to skill points.  Maybe.  I would support the concept of being able to re-route some skill points annually, god knows I've made a few mistakes in skill training over the years.  Why Rixx has Frigate Construction Level 3 is beyond me.  (I'll tell ya, when I was a Newb and lost my first Frigate I trained Frigate Construction because I thought I could just build new ones instead of buying them.  It didn't take long to realize the error of my ways.)  Still Rixx is carrying around a few Industry skills that he will never, ever use.


Later today's 1v1 and then we undock for our Small Gang Roam.  You can't find it in the Fleet Finder so don't even bother.