Time for Change

One of the very first banners, from January 2010

I gave the Dynamic View layout a shot, for over a year, but it is time for a change. Google isn't really supporting Dynamic View - in that year there have been no real updates or additional features released for them. The amount of control was very weak and it was almost impossible to add features or anything else to the layout. Plus I got nothing but bad feedback when it came to certain mobile platforms.

So I've switched back to a more traditional layout. It is still a work-in-progress, but over the next few days and weeks I'll get it whipped back into shape. Over the past five years EVEOGANDA has gone thru about seven distinct design phases and will probably continue to do so well into the future. I'm never really happy. I'm still not. That was one good thing about the Dynamic View, it took design decisions out of my hands, since it didn't have any.

With 1,358 posts behind me now I do often wonder how much longer I can keep this up. I never imagined I'd still be plugging along, writing about a video game, for five years. Much less all the other things that have come along with it. But I remain as enthusiastic about Eve as I was that first day and it is still something I look forward to playing as often as I can. As long as that passion remains intact, I honestly don't see a reason to stop chronicling my own person journey. Not to mention that of the game itself, this wonderful community, my readers, my enemies, and all the other stuff that goes along with Eve.

So I think I'll keep writing for another five years or so. Maybe longer. Who knows?

All I know is I'm writing this post. The rest of it will take care of itself.

Here are just a few of the other banner designs from the past: