A Year Later

Bartosz Wallpaper
What are these ships anyway?


So yesterday I get an email from one of my readers that wonders why it has taken me a whole year to produce a simple wallpaper he paid good iskies for? About a year ago! I jumped into action and sent him the piece you see above. I never intended for so much time to pass and I also sent along my sincere apologies.

Somewhere along the line his request got lost. Probably when my computer died back in Fall of last year. But it could have happened earlier. This is one of the reasons why I've generally stopped taking regular commissions and have tried to only focus on special projects for the community. At one point my commission project list had over 150 requests on it. And I was about six months behind. I know, from an individual standpoint it can be hard to comprehend - why can't Rixx just finish that easy wallpaper? And it should be simple. But then imagine there are 149 other people, just like you, asking for simple things. Add in a crazy life, the need to make RL monies, deal with a crazy ex, and all the other demands on my time. So yeah, some things fall thru the cracks.

And that is something I really do try and avoid. But it got to the point last year that I just had to throw my hands in the air and admit defeat. So my sincere apologies, I really do with I could help everyone. Which is exactly how I get into these messes in the first place, I have a notoriously hard time saying no.

It shouldn't take a year. Which is why I have to start saying no.