You Don't Have to Like Me


I haven't written much this past week because frankly I have been swamped and for once it had nothing at all to do with Eve. I went the entire week without logging in except yesterday for Eve-NT practice on SiSi with our NT Team.

Every day I've been going into work and working hard at my new job which I am enjoying tremendously. Not only did I take a new job but I also took one where I felt I could make a real difference. This company is still in start-up mode and desperately needs my help. We run 12 addiction clinics in our state and we're looking to double and triple that in the next year. You've all seen the news headlines or know someone touched by the growing opioid epidemic, and we are the ones out on the front lines working to help people in need. So that's my day job now.

And then on top of that my evenings have been filled with other paying projects. Old friends and business contacts are popping out of the woodwork and everyone has a project they need help with. Which is all great news.

Except for some people. Some people hear about your good fortune and are not pleased. Nothing pleases them of course, they are critical no matter what is happening to you. These vultures are only out for drama and blood. I'm not going to mention any names because that is what they'd like.  Little people with little dreams of bringing me down. Which is sad really. Its sad because of how pathetic that kind of dream is. And sad because of how impossible that dream is. I am unaffected by you.

You do not have to like me. I'm not asking for you to like me. And while it would be great if we could all get along outside of Eve, out here in the real world - I'm not foolish enough to believe we all will. There are always a few bad eggs. I can't do anything about that. All I can do is keep moving forward.

I woke up this morning with a familiar pain in my arm. The weather causes it. I will probably have that pain for the rest of my life. It comes from the time I blocked an iron skillet that was flying thru the air towards my Son almost twenty years ago. You think you know me? You think you can sit out there and judge me? You cannot little man. My life, like any life, is a complicated and enduring mess. All I can do is try to survive it, learn from it, and strive to make the world a slightly better place for me having been in it.

I sincerely suggest you do the same.


HATERS 0 - RIXX 23