Steel City Eve


The 2nd Annual Steel City Eve player meet was held this past Saturday at our house! Once again we had a great crowd of about 15-20 players from even further away than last year! Technically we even had a Goon from England, although he lives nearby now. But one player drove in from Austin, Texas. Others drove in from New Jersey, Chicago, New York, Virginia and all around the Pittsburgh area. It doesn't really matter where they came from, it's just astonishing to me that anyone would want to come hang out at my house for the day. And help me celebrate my birthday! Honestly I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with your friends and family. And so many of my Eve friends do feel like family. Although I did have actual family there, my Son and his wife also came and spent the day with us.

Swag Bags!
It rained for about an hour in the afternoon, but everyone took it in stride and we sat inside watching Alliance Tournament replays and talking about Eve. After the rain left it was smooth sailing the rest of the way and we went strong until around 11:30 Saturday night. 

My wife and I decided this year that we wouldn't ask CCP for any swag, since we haven't exactly been seeing eye to eye on things lately, so we made all of the swag ourselves. Everyone got a nice printed poster of my SOE illustration, some hand-etched shot glasses, an Eve Koozie, a Spaceship sticker, and a Spaceship vinyl decal, plus a few other random items that varied from bag to bag.

Our event is about hanging out and having a good time together. We drank, told funny stories, ate some food I cooked on the grill, and had fun. I posted a bunch of photos over on my Facebook page, so I'm not going to post them here.

We are going to do this again next year and if you are reading this I hope you'll consider coming out and joining us. I know it will never get to be as large as some of the other player meets and I don't really want it to frankly. I prefer the smaller more intimate event that we have going. But there is always room for you.

I'd like to thank each of our guests for attending. You are all awesome and you didn't lose any of our cats. Which was a plus. Seriously though, thanks for being there and I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

We did.