Put a fork in her.... she's done

Without getting into specifics, mostly because I'm just a grunt these days and I don't know nothin', it looks as if Paxton's days are numbered.  This isn't confidential since I've seen this plastered around already, news travels fast in Eve.  Several Corps have decided to 'move on' and they represent significant numbers.  While I'm certain that leadership will continue to try and hold something together, I'm not sure there will be anything left to hold together.

Anyone that finds this surprising is obviously a few bricks short of a full load.  I've been saying this for weeks, the pressures of indecision have once again come to bear.  Or, those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.  How many times now has Rixx seen this happen?  Far to many my friends.

It has been over three weeks since the general evacuation started from Providence.  Three weeks seems to be the breaking-point in my experience.  The first week you're busy moving your assets, helping your friends and other busy work, taking down POSs, etc.  The second week is settling in, looking around, asking questions, buying new assets and figuring out what might be next.  The third week... by this time everyone has found something else to do.  Missioning, mining, trading, talking to friends in other Alliances or Corps.  Yep, the big break is over and they're busy.  Meanwhile leadership keeps changing, both in reality and in decision.  Should we go here?  Could we go there?  And in the end, we go nowhere.

From my limited perspective the planning for "where" Paxton would go next should've been started months ago when they were surrounded by reds.  How much effort does it take to start putting out feelers?  Asking questions, generating interest, having a plan?  Not much.  Doesn't mean we don't stay and fight, heck only the upper management needs to know about the plans.  But anyone who thought New Providence was a long-term solution for Paxton needs to have their head examined.

Any way, enough venting.  It doesn't matter.  Onward and upward.  What it does signify is another opportunity for me to pause and consider RJ's future.  M3 has been good to me and I don't really have plans on leaving or anything.  But things are going to change and I have very specific goals in mind for RJ.  So we'll just have to see how things fall in the coming days and weeks.

No one knows what the future might bring.

(PS: Thanks to Mae for the title of this post.)