Tomorrow we cross the Rubicon. We shall all forfeit our Imperium and face death and dishonor. Gulp.
Ok, maybe not. But the relation to "crossing something" is deliberate and CCP would like us to think we are on a journey of no return with this latest expansion. If everything holds up the way it seems, I suspect they might actually be right this time. Maybe. So here are some last minute predictions about what you can expect from getting your ankles wet crossing the line of death and entering Rome.
My Crystal Ball of Expansion Predictions
• Everyone hops into an Interceptor and goes Ludicrous Speed!! They have fun for about 39 jumps before they try to tackle someone and realize that the main fleet is 37 jumps behind them! Suddenly all of New Eden realizes something that Hero Tackle pilots have known for years, arriving 30 seconds BEFORE help is a sure way to die horribly.
Kick the tires and light the fires. Speed is great, but generally speaking it just means you die a lot faster. But not in bubbles after tomorrow! This might be the greatest single change ever for Eve PvP, but remember to hurtle with caution.
I fully suspect some seriously hilarious deaths from this change in the coming days.
• Carpel Tunnel Syndrom Increases! One result of the speed change is the increase in the amount of spamming you will be doing to your d-scan button. Orbit that button carefully, cause that new dood in local is now ON YOUR FACE! Click. Click. OH MY GOD!!
Should be fun.
• Overview Clutter! Suddenly all of these idiot players have structures they can put up in space! And who thought this was a good idea? I imagine my overview is going to be full in a week or so of Siphons and Bunkers and other things. Ahhh!
So overview management... again! Sheesh. And what are we going to call these things in gang? Everyone warp to that Depot, y'know the 16th one from the bottom. Can we name Depots?
• White Ships Ahoy! Look for some hilarious kms from the new SOE Ships. If this is anything like the Gnosis it should be a fun week as people buy them and fit them without a clue.
• I'm not even gonna touch the hilarity that hi-sec Custom Offices are going to cause. I don't understand hi-sec and this isn't going to help me in that regard anytime soon. Have fun with that.
One last prediction. Rubicon will go down in history as one of the best expansions, certainly top five, in Eve. It is FREE and it should be awesome. Lots of ground-work being laid for the next two or three expansions, and content that seems naturally expandable for once.
I'm looking forward to it. You should be also.
Any predictions of your own?