PAID IN FULL!

(Please Note: This is a personal real life post written specifically for those readers and friends who care about such things. If you are sensitive to people sharing things that are important to them, then please do yourself and others a favor and skip this post. This post contains feelings, emotions, and other human expressions that certain people may find offensive.)



PAID IN FULL

As of today, September 4th, 2019 my 14 year odyssey of pain has officially ended. My balance is zero. Zilch. Nada. The last payment, made four months early, was received and I no longer owe anything.

For those of you that have been along on this journey with me, thank you for sticking around and for caring. For constantly hitting me up on DMs, emails, and other messages to check in on us. For your support. But mostly just for caring. You deserve a HUGE shout out. We can't possibly thank you enough. And we will always remember. In so many ways our Eve family has seen us through the worst of it and we will be forever grateful.

To the haters I say this - I did get a fucking job. I did take care of this myself. Every single fucking dime of the money paid came from our own hands. In a few instances family members helped us over a few rough patches. No money from anyone else was ever used to pay this debt. Ever. The important thing you will never understand is the scale and complexity of this 14 year journey. I honestly hope that you never do, because it was in no way anything close to being normal.

Having said that I would like to specifically say thank you to all those that helped us through the darkest most desperate hours of that journey. There were a couple of moments along the way when the situation got away from us, things that could not be planned for, prepared for, or anticipated. And at those moments this incredible and compassionate community of ours saved us. Not from the debts, or the payments, or anything associated with that issue specifically - but from the real life turmoil that sprang up around us. And for that, and in deep appreciation for that, I have dedicated my efforts these past years, doing what I can to give back. I cannot stress enough how much you all mean to us. And just how much we appreciate you all. Thank you.

I was not always who I am. A long time ago I was a troubled and confused young man from a small town in the middle of nowhere. At the end of a long stream of bad mistakes, I made another one that would haunt me for over thirty years of my life. But out of that mistake would grow a new person, a stronger, more confident, more self-assured person. And a small miracle, a Son that I would raise myself. Together we would face life together and one day, when we were alone building a new life together, that young man would introduce me to a stupid video game called Eve Online. Together we would fight multiple wars in Providence and across all of New Eden. Together we would learn to become Pirates. And one day, that young man would turn to me and say, "We should call it Stay Frosty." And so we did.

I want to encourage you. Even the worst of stories can have happy endings. Despite all that has happened I found the love of my life during the last fourteen years. Despite all that happened, my Son has grown into an incredible young man with a wonderful wife of his own. Despite all that has happened we've traveled around the world and made incredible and real friends with people we never would have known otherwise. Despite all that we've been through, I would not trade those wonderful moments for anything.

Another chapter has ended. And a new chapter has begun.

o7