Uncomfortably Numb

 


This blog/journal/magazine has often blurred the lines between gaming and real life. So I think it is only natural for me to tell you that earlier this week I lost my Mother. It was not Covid related. She had been in the Hospital for a little over three weeks and was getting the best care, but for every step forward we always seemed to add two steps back. And finally that caught up to her. We were fortunate that we could be with her and say our goodbyes in person. Not everyone gets that chance these days.

I debated writing this post, but I think it would be unfair not to. I'm taking a short break from posting and will be back sometime next week. But we'll see how I feel about it. I'm still playing Eve, but sitting down and writing posts is something I just can't do right now. It takes too much concentration. And right now I'm just numb, shocked, and a little out of gas.

If you've lost a parent I'm sure you know what I mean. And, if not, then trust me - let them know how much they mean to you right now. 

Until then, fly safe.