Broken Threads

Aldeyjarfoss Medium


I created an album on Flickr that includes 100 photos from our recent trip to Iceland.

Writing in this magazine is a habit. Any time that habit gets disrupted, it can often take time to get back into the pace again. It happens. Usually after a trip, or a life changing event, or some other form of disruption. When you've been writing in these pages for as long as I have, you start to recognize those moments more and more.

The new job is taking some time to get used to. Not only do I have an entire company to learn about, but I also have the additional weirdness of doing it all remotely. As many of us have had to do during this weird time we live in. This is not a complaint. In fact, I very much looked for an opportunity for remote work. I enjoy it and I enjoy working from home with my Wife. Who also chose to work for a company that allowed for a work-from-home schedule. But it still takes some getting used to. Especially when there is a 3hr time difference.

Add to that the challenge of finding time for Eve. Which has also been suffering lately. Especially now that my focus is on the upcoming Alliance Tournament. Practice, comps, team, everything that goes into that. So much to get done, so little time to do it. So yeah, some things tend to suffer. There are only so many hours in a day. But I've been here before. I managed when I owned my own company, I've managed in much, much more challenging circumstances. I imagine any long-time readers well know what I mean.

It'll all settle into new patterns and life will resolve into new familiar beats. That's how change works.

Until then, I'll keep posting as often as I can.