Almost A Raiju

 


I sure do love spaceships. And I've always wanted a badass Alliance Tournament ship of my own. So it was very exciting yesterday when the possibility of actually owning a Raiju came around. I got excited. I got very excited. And I started planning on how to make it happen. I flew my alt to Jita to start selling assets on the market. I started looking at that long list of assets in my assets window, trying to figure out the best way to not only consolidate them, but bring them to market. Most of my own personal wealth in-game is not in Iskies, it's in assets. That's how I play Eve. I buy stuff to use, to support Stay Frosty and A Band Apart. But a tremendous amount of that is also loots that are spread out all over the universe. Who has time to go and round all that stuff up?

And then I went to sleep and woke up to a new day.

Sure I could pay 150b isk for a single ship. Sure I could start all over building up my wallet. I suppose I could hold onto it for a year or so and then re-sell it for even more iskies down the road. And maybe all of that would work out just fine. But then I realized that this wasn't a normal person we were talking about here, this was me. Pirate Lord. Rixx. The same guy that attacks Algos' with a Condor. The same guy who can't enter local without people saying Hello. Or trying to blob him. Or worse. Yeah that guy. Rixx isn't going to hangar spin a Raiju. Rixx is going to fit that thing up and undock in it. He's going to fly it around and when he does, he'll eventually lose it. I know him. I know him because he's me. And that is exactly what I'd do.

150b isk represents more than half of my ENTIRE losses in Eve over 14 YEARS. And that doesn't account for the potential fits on the ship. Which are not going to be T1 fits are they? Heck no. So let's imagine that Rixx enters local, which is already cause for people to either dock up or gang up, but this time he enters local flying an AT ship. Yeah that is going to cause some problems. I once flew 17 jumps as fast as humanly possible to catch a glimpse of that Daredevil** AT ship years ago. I begged the pilot to let me just take some screenshots of it. Imagine how much attention me flying an AT ship is going to cause.

One day I hope to earn my own AT ships. Finishing in the top of the AT remains a goal of mine. And I hope that day comes along down the road. That will be a completely different story. For now, as you may have guessed already, I am cancelling my order. I'm not interested in having a trophy ship to spin in my hangar. And I can't realistically use it for combat. So why would I buy one I haven't earned? Just to wipe out my wallet? 

Years ago I had a Chremoas in my hangar for about 7 hours. I was helping to coordinate the transfer of the ship between Chribba (who iirc was on vacation at the time) and the buyer. And yes, I slipped into that ship and spun it in the hangar. I also admit it was tempting to fit her up and undock in her. Very tempting. But I didn't and the transfer went ahead without a hitch. So I have sat in an AT ship, once. And someday I plan on sitting in another one. Or two. Or more.

But not today. It is just too silly.


** My apologies, I misremembered this incident. It was actually the Dramiel AT Prize ship "Chremoas" and not a Daredevil version.