Enlightenment

 


CCP Mirage was kind enough to share this photo with me this morning on Twitter. There is a very long and rather detailed story behind this photo and I wish I could share it with you here. But some stories are best told in person and this is one of those. For now I'm happy just knowing that it survived the move to the new HQ and is still gracing a wall in the new offices. If you are ever interested in learning more, buy me a drink someday and I'll bore you to tears with the story. It probably won't mean as much to you as it does to me. It's one of those stories.

That piece of art goes all the way back to 2015 and you can read more about it on this post from back then.

There are two copies of this piece in the world and the other one hangs in my dining room along with the spaceship posters that CCP sold. Yes, there is a lot of Eve art in my house.

Sometimes it is hard to believe just how long I've been playing, writing, drawing, and creating in the Eve community. This September it'll be 14 years. There are times when that sounds insane and other times when it feels like I just got started recently. Time is a weird beast.

I don't have much more to add today. This has been a busy week in real life, but I'll be back soon with more content I promise. Until then, fly it like you stole it.