On The Eve

 


Tomorrow is the big day. And while I certainly appreciate all the promotional support that CCP has put behind our event, I will admit it makes me a tad nervous. I spent the entire morning double checking everything on our side, just to make sure we're as ready as we can be. I even actually moved an entire Prorator full of skins from Jita down to Ouelletta - and I've never actually moved a single skin before. I'm happy to announce that I arrived safely and those skins will be loaded into my cargo. So be sure to check my loot for special prizes tomorrow!

Heck yesterday I got an email from CCP about it:

As if Rixx didn't already know he was hosting an event! Lol. Again, very grateful that CCP has decided to use this event as a test for supporting more in-game player run events in the future. And I hope it proves to be an effective way of promoting such events in the future. Even I was shocked that we also got a Proving Ground Frigate event to coincide with the FF4A. How cool is that?

As far as I can tell we're ready. But I know the reality, that Eve is a complex and multi-faceted universe and there is no way in Hell you can plan for everything. Which is ultimately why I chose to create this event, which has chaos built into it. This is why other event ideas just don't really work inside of the game - but inviting a whole bunch of people into local to blow each other up? I mean, how can that go wrong? No matter what happens it is all content. And with hundreds and hundreds of Frigates flying around - well that tends to solve a lot of potential issues on its own.

Tomorrow will be a long day. But I know it is going to be epic. With over 22,000 ships on-hand to hand-out, how could it not be?

So, last year we saw 12,000+ explosions during the FF4A and set the single day record for most explosions EVER in Low Sec. Which brings up my next question, what is the single day record for most ship explosions ever in Eve Online? And what do we need to do to set that record?

Let's find out tomorrow. See you there!