5,000 Solo Kills

 


My friend and fellow Stay Frosty pilot Darkon Chanlin killed a Retribution with his Crow and scored his 5,000th Solo kill in Eve Online. Amazingly his solo ratio is 65% of his total kills of 7,641, which is just insane when you think about it. But, if you knew Darkon like we do, you wouldn't be surprised. I've never met anyone in-game as dedicated to perfecting the art of being anti-social inside the game as much as he has. You might think I'm joking (which I do a lot to be fair) but this morning when I told him I was going to write this post he replied, "Write it in invisible ink." Which is classic Darkon. Avoid the spotlight, creep around in shadows, and hopefully the enemy won't notice you and your Condor.

87% of his solo kills are against Frigates, but unlike many others who have achieved similar results Darkon primarily also flies Frigates. You won't find any tricks here, no arty Thrashers sitting at 100k to snipe passerby, or kiting 5k Dramiels, or smart-bombing Proteus at the gate - no these are all hard won fights in like class ships. Or at least, the vast majority are. Like I always say, we can only fight what is on field, and sometimes that means taking an easier fight here and there. Look at his all-time ship list and you can't find a Cruiser or a Battleship among them. That is impressive. Dude has one kill in a Kikimora and I was there for that one and we basically forced him to do it. 

And if you aren't impressed enough already, let me tell you something else. He doesn't have a scouting alt. Hard mode. He also enjoys plying his trade in Null Sec as much as Low, I can't tell you how many times I've asked him for help only to find out he is 47 jumps away in some dark corner of Null Sec space flying in a Crow. The man is simply insane. Insanely good. This week I hit 2,400 solo kills and I was happy to do so, but I have a long way to go to match this accomplishment.  

Thing is though, he isn't actually anti-social. In fact few pilots do more within our organization to help other pilots. Advice, fitting suggestions, and just general discussions about tactics - Darkon is always around to help. He and Lufax set up a "fight club" on SiSi to help our pilots get better at PvP until SiSi became too much of a cesspool to continue. He also ends up recruiting a fair bit of our new pilots just by talking to players after a fight.

I enjoy teasing him, but there are few pilots I have more respect for. Players like Darkon are what make Stay Frosty the best Pirate group in all of Eve Online. And for that, and for so much more, he deserves to be recognized - as much as it might pain him to do so. Congratulations my friend and well earned.

How long before 10,000?