First Navy Heron

 


First one I've seen in space. The 20th Heron Navy Issue killed in-game.

I wish the story about this kill was better. I was in Hevrice chasing solo kills and trying to close the gap on my 2,500th solo kill (20 more to go btw!) when Ninouh announced this ship had been spotted on scan in Loes. I immediately turned my Comet around and started heading back. NE55U5 was also out and about in a Rifter. I approached from one direction and they followed from another. Eventually Ninouh got ahead a bit and slid into a Novice. Once the tackle was made we joined in and the Heron died pretty quickly.

Like I said, I wish that story was better. But that's the way it goes sometimes. 

As usual my personal strategy with any new ships is to wait until the market prices start to stabilize before flying them. That isn't the entire reason why I typically wait, there is also a novelty penalty involved in flying something new. You get reported and chased pretty hard, and it invites unwanted attention. I get enough unwanted attention as it is already. No reason to go looking for more.

I'm sure some of these new ships will eventually become part of the arsenal but it might take some time for that to become a regular thing. In the meantime I'll continue to hunt them and enjoy the exaggerated kill value on my killboard.