Random Thoughts

 


I tried writing a post this morning but my thoughts are jumbled and I couldn't find a way into the post I wanted to write. But I had created this image for it and it is so good I'm just going to use it anyway.

---------------

Sometimes lately it feels like our pilots in ABA are the last remaining solo and small gang pilots in New Eden organized under one roof. Sure there remain solo pilots flying under other banners here and there, but I mean an entire group dedicated to the art form. Sad. I honestly can't think of another one of any size these days. It can feel lonely out there sometimes, but if we have to be the last ones standing - the last bastion of a dying game-style - then so be it. We will be.

---------------

Is High-Sec turning into a gangster paradise? A few years back we spent a significant amount of time, energy and isk moving our alliance structures into holding corporations to avoid war decs. This didn't work as well as intended as these ever-increasing roving bands of gangsters essentially bribe and blast their way across HS without an effective counter. There is literally nothing we can do to stop them. Either we pay the bribes or we pay the iron price. So we strip our structures, watch them explode, then build new ones - only to have the cycle repeat again down the road. Seems all rather silly. We'd rather fight, but we can't.

And don't even get me started on the issues that MacGybo has uncovered around the Jita station with <1 second looting bot mechanics. Seriously. Let's make the docking ring of Jita a non-aggression zone and be done with it ok? Easy change, easy solution. Done.

---------------

Risk aversion continues to dominate most of New Eden in ever increasing ways. I think over half the players would opt-out of aggression if given the choice. What has happened to the cut-throat space that New Eden used to be infamous for? It isn't all doom and gloom, there are signs of hope - but the lengths to which some players go to avoid danger is increasing. The least of this is flying around in empty ships and still being able to accomplish in-game goals, primarily in FW space. I hope beyond hope that these upcoming FW changes address this issue. Allowing it to remain an option is not helping anyone. Especially those pilots who have bought into that option.

---------------

I personally like the new Photon UI and I've been using it exclusively for awhile now. It isn't perfect, but if you spend some time with it you can get it into shape. Once you do it is miles above the old UI. Don't give up on it. Give it a chance. It's good. And will only keep getting better.

---------------

I'll be back.