Supre Widow

 


This week's New Release is this "Suprematism" inspired modern art illustration of the mighty Widow. Didn't know you were going to learn art history during this process did you? And while this piece isn't exactly keeping with the ethos of that particular art movement, I certainly took inspiration from it. I had finished the Widow painting a few days ago and it sat around waiting for inspiration to strike. So I started trolling some art history looking for something that would spark a fire in my creative brain pan and sure enough, there it was. I've been wanting to do something more abstract, bold, and yet also not repeat myself. 

Will anyone like this? I have no idea. I like it. I like it a lot. I like the idea of creating something that is at once both a piece of Eve Online inspired art and that also serves as an art piece on its own merits. Did I achieve this mystical marriage with this piece? I think so, but ultimately it isn't up to me to judge. I express my creativity and then people make up their own minds. That's how art works. Personally it speaks to me and I see quite a lot of story oozing from the image, some of which might be rather shocking. But, again, that's me.

In other news, the Empires of New Eden map is officially finished and waiting on final gate construction to finish in-game. Once those new gates are finalized I can make those connections and get it up on the store for everyone to enjoy.


Katia Sae and Mark726 were kind enough to provide a list of interesting sites that I thought would be great to include in the map. I ended up choosing 44 of them to include, something to get the explorers out looking and inspire more exploration. And also serve as a reference point for the rest of us.

I'm very excited about this map. Every single star system has been plotted and assigned a system name (again, thanks to Katia Sae!) and it is as accurate as we can make it. Just to be clear, that is also true on the complete map of New Eden that is already available on the store.

I enjoy making maps and would like to do more of them. So if you have an idea for a map you'd like to see, let me know. Always looking for another way to spend 80hrs of my time :)

Enjoy!