Assault Frigate Series

 


Today I released the final illustration in the Assault Frigate Series - The Ishkur.

This completes the series. Each print is available on high-quality paper, in a metal frame, or printed on aluminum over at the store. This print will be the last piece released this year and I won't be releasing anything new until after the Holidays. I need a break to be honest. Since starting the store back in July I've released 43 posters, a bunch of phone cases, and a collection of illustrations available on easily-mounted squares (which no one seems to like) and that is a lot of work.

Granted some of the pieces released have been around for a number of years. Golden Eve was created to celebrate Eve's 15th Anniversary and the Sisters of Eve illustration was created around that same time. Some older pieces got a more recent facelift, like the frigate and battlecruiser art print posters - I totally re-did those because I've gotten so much better at this over the years. But even so, most of the pieces are new and created this year.

Which is nuts. But I promised myself that if I ever got this opportunity I would make the most of it. It took 13 years to get here and I'm not going to let it pass me by without giving it everything I have. I'm really proud of the work I've done, the variety, and the progress I've made in my art over the last year. This is the first real stretch of time I've ever had to just focus on creating and honing my skills, without also having a demanding full-time job to worry about. For most of my career, my art was always a hobby, sidelined into whatever free time I could give it. And rarely a part of my actual job.

So that has been great. And, in case you are wondering, the store is doing extremely well. As of today I've sold posters to customers in 17 different countries - from Cyprus, Slovakia, Germany, Finland, Australia, and beyond. The US, UK, Canada, and Germany continue to be my biggest customers. And the New Eden Map continues to be my biggest seller. It has double the orders of the next biggest selling item, so the map continues to be extremely popular. Which is one reason why I decided to create the Empire version. I'm thinking about creating a new map which would be in the style of the London Underground transit map - but for Low Sec space. I'll probably get around to working on that in the New Year at some point.

Every single order I get makes me smile. I can't begin to tell you how good it feels to have someone like your work enough to hang it on their wall, in their gaming room, or somewhere in their home or office. It's a great feeling. So thank you to everyone who has ordered and for all those that will some day. I sincerely appreciate all of you.

Thanks.