Molea

 

Molea

Today I am proud to release my latest illustration/painting for sale over at RixxJavix.com 

This one has been in the works for a long time and was a piece I kept returning to over and over again for the last few months. It is an emotional piece for a wide variety of reasons. Most of which are obvious. While the Molea system was long known for its player-run cemetery it took years and years to finally convince CCP to design and build a memorial in the system. My involvement in the concept came about because of what happened to Vile Rat/Sean Smith in 2012. And I hope that my videos, posts, art, and constant requests had something to do with the creation of this site inside of New Eden. The important thing is that it is in-game now.

I worked hard to capture the spirit of the site and I added the words to Dranchela's "Cyno" poem to the piece because they work so well together to bring the site the meaning it deserves. We've all lost friends in the past twenty years and I hope this piece helps us all remember them.

"Eyes forward, capsuleer, the cyno is not yet lit. Consider your modules, your rigs and ammo before you undock, for the cyno is not yet lit. Break free of the station and witness the universe before you, For the cyno is not yet lit. Set your ship to fly through the vastness while you wait, For the cyno is not yet lit. Pay attention, capsuleer, for those who have gone before you call for you to join them. The cyno is now lit."