Forward Momentum

 


This has been a crazy week out here in the real world. Earlier this week my Father went into the hospital for a triple bypass and I took the entire family down to visit with him beforehand. So far it has only been great news - the surgery went extremely well and he is recovering nicely. But that has obviously been weighing on my the past few weeks. All of which came out of nowhere essentially. He didn't have any issues and wouldn't have known about the partial blockages if he hadn't gotten checked for them a few short months ago. So extremely lucky they found them when they did.

That and recent changes to my working schedule have contributed to my more sporadic posting lately. Onboarding new clients and getting up to speed on several new projects, all while keeping other projects going, has been time consuming to say the least. But it has all been good news and the studio is humming along every day now. And I've become involved in some projects that I'm extremely excited about and can't wait to share with you all down the road. For now I'm locked behind NDAs but those will become more open as the months move on down the road.

I've been taking a short break from the RixxJavix.com store for the past two months as well. I've been pushing the store hard for months and creating art non-stop at a crazy pace, so I just needed to stop for a bit and take a deep breath. I also needed to focus on building up more real work which is what is needed to help fund the Eve work. I have a lot of pieces in various stages of process and will be releasing more here in March, so stay tuned.

In-game the 9th Annual Frigate Free 4 All is coming up next Saturday, March 11th. And this week we spent some time making sure all the ships are in the right places, bringing in the last 5,000 batches and distributing those among the three NPC stations in Letta. At this point we should be ready to go, a few minor things here and there to deal with. I'm super excited about this year's event and I have a feeling this one is going to be the biggest one ever. I think the combination of Uprising, increased server numbers, Factional Warfare, and increased attention on Low Sec will work in our favor. Heck, Intaki just turned into a HS system not 3 jumps from Ouelletta! So it is even easier to get there.

Last year we had a ton of streamers show up and live-stream the event. I haven't heard anything from anyone this year, but I'm hoping that just means they already know about it. So I'm hoping that once again the skies will be crowded with streamers and video makers and other content creators. Heck, if you just show up in a cloaked ship and take screenshots all day you'd have a great time.

On top of all of that A Band Apart continues to grow and expand our abilities. The Alliance has never been busier and we are running out of days to have fleet ops. I'm still running weekly roams and we have weekly mining ops, weekly NS ops, regular daily fleets, and now we are starting to add regular WH operations as well. There is always something going on somewhere. Pretty awesome stuff.

So that's sort of a roundup in a nutshell of what has been going on and why I've not been posting as regularly as usual. But life can get busy from time to time and you just have to make time to deal with it properly. 

More later.