Metaverse Warlord


Suitcase
Enjoying the Friendship with Dunk at Fanfest

Dunk Dinkle (or Michael Pusateri) has written an excellent career capping article about his years in Eve Online and Brave. I highly recommend giving it a read.

I don't have much to add, the article speaks for itself and I just wanted to give it some additional attention. I found myself nodding along with most of the main points. Our history in the game is not all that different, although we approach the game from completely different perspectives. There were several moments in my early years when I could have taken different roads, many of which may very well have led to leading a larger null sec alliance. Just months into my own Eve career and I found myself in the leadership group of an alliance in Provi Bloc under CVA for goodness sake.

What I discovered early on was that Null Sec groups are hungry for leaders and that those organizations will eat you alive if you let them. My own path from Provi to Co2 to More Cowbell to Dogs of War to Black Mark to Burn Away to Tuskers showed me that much. If you are willing to step up you can usually find a slot to do so. Who knows what might have happened if I had accepted the offers to join Pandemic Legion or Noir, or many of the others that I was offered along my own path? We will never know.

Of course eventually I decided to create my own reality and one that came with acceptable levels of stress and responsibility. One that I hoped would also come with longevity and more fun-per-hour benefits. And now, ten years later, I am pleased to see that it all worked out exactly as I had hoped back in early 2013.

Anyway, enough about me. Go read the article, it is very good. All the best to Dunk.

o7