Old Screenshots


Avatar Titan

Yesterday the CCP Social Media team asked us to share old screenshots with them and I posted a few of my oldest from 2008/2009. I had to go digging for them and in the process happened across a few old photos that brought back memories. And then I remembered that most of the good ones from that era are up on my Flickr account and have been for years.

This one, which I have posted above, has to be one of my favorites however. If you look carefully below the gate you will notice a barely visible Avatar Titan shaped shadow that is actually an Avatar Titan that has landed and is about to erase me from local. Back then not only were Titans rare, with what maybe 30 or so in the game total, but they also used area-of-effect weapons. It was pounded into our heads to fit our ships "titan-proof" so often it became sorta scary. This was my first Titan encounter and it was a big deal. I'm so glad I took this photo before dying and popping up several jumps away in station.

I'm guessing I was in a Scorpion? Has to be with all that ECM on it. I love that the FC is typing Run Away in the fleet chat and apparently we just lost a Curse. Just looking at all those names really brings back memories. I wonder how many of those players are still playing Eve?

I became kind of fascinated with this specific Titan after this. Eventually I tracked down the POS it was kept in and figured out what the password for the shields was. I ended up taking a stealth bomber down and getting inside the POS shields to take some more pictures. You can see a photo of that incident here.

14 years ago. Man, how times flies.