6,000k Solo

 


In July of last year I wrote a post celebrating Darkon's 5,000th Solo Kill and here we are a year and a half later celebrating his 6,000th. The man is a machine. And while there may be pilots with larger numbers I doubt many of them have approached the journey with the dedication to the craft that he has over the years. Darkon doesn't go for the easy kill very often. More likely you'll see him down in NS somewhere flying a Condor or a Crow alone without a scout - getting into trouble. And then talking to someone about the fight for the next twenty minutes.

Recently my youngest Son, who is 18 years old now, started playing Eve Online. He's been playing for just two weeks so I've been keeping the news pretty close to my vest and not telling anyone. I want to give him a chance to get started in the game without having my shadow hovering over everything he does. So no one knew more than what I just told you. And yet, just a few days ago Darkon managed to explode him. My Son comes to tell me and says, "Someone in your guild just killed me, some guy named Darkon I think." I roll my eyes and tell him he shouldn't be engaging someone like Darkon. And then he tells me, typical Eve player, "I almost had him!"

But Darkon also took the time to engage him after the fight and share fits and suggestions with him. This meant to world to my Son and I bet it does to all those that he helps in-game. I've spoken about this with him many times and just like me, all Darkon wants is for others to be better pilots. Better pilots mean better fights. And that is something that I believe all true PvPers want.

Anyway, go back and read the old post when you have a minute.

And if you see Darkon in local be sure to give him a good fight.