Missing in Action Report

 


Before I get started go take a look at the updated Kickstarter page for the Eve Online Board Game and get registered. The new preview image has been added and more cool stuff is coming up very, very soon. We're getting down to the wire with this incredible project and it is going to be epic. You are not going to want to miss this, trust me.

I know I haven't been posting as much as I usually do. But man, have I been busy. The past few weeks it has been late nights and weekends non-stop on the Board Game project and other work. An abundance of good news lately and lots to work on. Not only that, but corruption finally landed in our backyard around Ouelletta and we've been extremely busy exploding so-called pirates. Running fleets, having a blast. It finally came to a head yesterday and will be moving on to other systems now, but that last week was so much fun.

Speaking of which, here in a few days or so Stay Frosty will score our 200,000th kill as a corporation. Back in November I threw down the gauntlet to our merry band of actual Pirates and they have responded overwhelmingly. I wanted to make sure we hit that milestone before the end of the year and it looks like we will do so with time to spare. I'll be handing out a ton of prizes and rewards to all those that participated in celebration. This is kind of a big deal for us and just continues to showcase how amazing our pilots are and have been over the past decade plus. Next? Well, we currently stand at 92,873 solo kills - so how long until we break 100,000?

I've also been very active over on the Alpha for Just About. Just About is an exciting new content creator platform that is pushing gaming communities in an exciting new direction. I've been active over there for the past few months and, although I admit to being skeptical at first, I really believe this concept has a lot of potential for all of us that care about gaming. I'm excited to be an early adopter and helping to build something new. More on this in the coming months.

I've been playing Eve so long now that I'm starting to really bump into some interesting milestones. Not only did I pass 300m skillpoints about a week ago, but I'm starting to creep up on a very long term goal of mine. For years one of my long-term goals in Eve was to someday pass the threshold of having 10,000 more kills than losses. It always felt like an almost impossible goal given my limited playtime and commitments - but the years add up and it looks like I am only about 130 kills away. Depending on how many losses I accrue in the meantime, I should pass this milestone in about a month. Wow. I really never thought it would happen. And yes, it is rather meaningless I suppose. But we are talking about a game here.

I've been so busy that I totally missed out on the Vanguard play-test. I feel terrible about it. But I know there will be more coming soon and I look forward to trying it out then. I will say that news about Vanguard finally got my youngest to subscribe to Eve last week. He's already worked himself into a Destroyer and has been training like a mad man the past two weeks. That makes three of us in our family who play Eve regularly. Now if only I can get the middle boy to sub...

That's the catch up in a nutshell. I'm still around, working hard and suffering under NDAs that limit what I can share, but that should be changing here in a short time. I've been working on this board game since February and I can't wait to be able to share more with you all.

Until next time. Watch your d-scan.