Eve Comic 1v1 Number 118

 


The other day I saw a Tornado on scan and I was in a Hurricane, when a Cyclone undocked behind me. That's when the idea for this comic was born. Sometimes I wonder why I bother making these. It often feels like I do it simply to amuse myself. But then I remember the times when I'm out at an event and someone comes up to tell me how much they enjoy them and that I should keep making them. It happens. Not a lot to be honest. But it actually happens. Even the Space Pope enjoys them.

I created the first one back in 2010. I was driving into work and had the idea. I sat down at my desk and sketched it out on a scrap piece of paper, or a napkin, or something. Then scanned it into Photoshop, reversed it, and posted it in these pages. It was rough and crude back then. And sometimes I feel like I should go back and re-do those early versions - but I won't. Let them stay the way they were originally created.

A lot of the older ones don't make much sense now. Back then I often created some based on something very specific that was happening in the community at the time. And some of that immediacy gets lost to time. I try to steer clear of those these days and create something more universal in tone. But the goal is always to make it very, very specific to an Eve audience. A normal person looking at that panel above would not understand it. It makes no sense at all unless you know that one ship is called a Tornado and one ship is called a Hurricane.

Anyway, that is more words than I intended to write.