The Board Game

 


The Eve War for New Eden Kickstarter is up and running.

This is my first ever Kickstarter and I'm learning on the job. I've obviously helped with other KS projects in the past, such as Andrew's Eve History book series, but this is the first one I've been involved with at this level. And while I mainly draw pretty pictures and design cards, icons, and packaging - I have tried to help in other ways as well. I'm all-in on this one because I believe in the people involved with me. Our team is a solid team and I wouldn't have spent a year of my life working on something I didn't believe in.

I know how important this project is for the folks at Titan Forge and how much time and effort they've put into capturing the game we love and translating it into this game. Heck, they brought me onto the team didn't they? I often imagine a scenario where that didn't happen and I was just learning about this project now. And how different that world could be. This could have easily have gone another way. And we all know what those kinds of projects are like. But it didn't. I also know that they've listened to the community feedback and tried to adapt to the feedback they received, I watched it happen in real time standing there at Fanfest.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. All I'm trying to do is express how much I believe in this project and how excited I am to be a part of it. Ultimately, as I've always believed, it is up to this community of ours to decide if something is worthy of our support. And based on the reaction I've seen so far, I believe the reaction is overwhelmingly positive. Do you need to see a rulebook? Of course and I suspect that will be happening here shortly. I know they are hard at work on finalizing it. I also know that play-testing and tweaking last minute modifications have been on-going because they'd rather it be correct and right, rather than quick. Again, this could be such a different outcome.

In the end this is quite simply a million dollar project. And that is my own personal opinion. Will it ever reach that level of support? Probably not, but I believe it deserves it. I'm an optimistic guy and I believe very strongly in things that I become a part of, I always have. From my own businesses to those of my clients. When I worked with the Pittsburgh Penguins I became a hockey fan. Even though I didn't grow up watching hockey and didn't even know the rules. So this is no different. I'm certainly not a huge board game player, I enjoy a good board game and I've loved playing them with the crew at Steel City Eve over the years. Back when I developed the OverPower card game for Marvel/Fleer I spent nine months play-testing and designing that game - and after it came out I never played it again. I still have the original shrink-wrapped box sitting on my shelf. But I love that game. 

Anyway, I hope you decide to support the Kickstarter and support projects like this from our community. For years and years I tried to get a card game off the ground and I have two Cease and Desist letters to prove how successful that effort turned out to be. And now, after all those years, we finally have something to show for it.

Let's not let this opportunity pass us by. I pledged and I hope you will as well.