Out of the Frying Pan

 


Take a moment to visit Just About an incredible new community of gamers and content creators, which I highly recommend. The following post was one I wrote for the Just About community and thought I'd share here with you.

---------------------

I spotted the Condor on d-scan in a small navy plex when I entered the system. I was in my infamous rail Comet and immediately warped in at range. The system was full of ships, but I knew this wouldn’t take long. Surprisingly the Condor was outside and barely moving. I quickly pointed it and began firing. As he crept towards annihilation the Firetail that had been on scan also landed. And then the Slasher. And then the rest of the gang. I made a quick decision and my mind flicked across the controls. With only milli-seconds to spare I warped off…

Directly to another small navy plex with a Comet inside. Still stinging from having to leave the Condor in low structure - I slid into the plex to engage the Comet. As always I over-heated certain modules and decreased my d-scan to close scan only. That’s when I saw the three Imperial Navy Slicers on scan outside. In a few seconds they would slide in behind me and make quick work of my ship. I quickly webbed the Comet and burned away towards the Sun. As the Slicers landed I hit 10k and his scram dropped. I shut down my AB and entered warp under four yellow boxes. I yelled “YARRR!” in local.

And landed 50k from the Sun within 5k of a Hookbill. He was as startled as I was, as the original Slasher, Firetail gang from the first encounter landed about 40k from us. We both pulled range, and sadly the Hookbill pilot burned away at the wrong angle and was quickly caught by the gang - which gave me the chance I needed to warp off to the nearest gate. This system was too busy for a solo Comet - time for a change of scenery.

I jumped into a gate camp of four Thrasher Fleet Issues and a Keres. I held my cloak for a moment, over-heated my prop, and made the 12k dive back to the gate. As expected the Keres got me and the Thrashers all started firing. They all had aggression timers now. I hit the gate with my armor repper screaming at me and jumped back into the frying pan. Safe and sound I warped off to a safe spot to catch my breath.

Typical Sunday in Eve.