New Pirate Spacehip

 


This is just me fooling around the other day to loosen up the creative bones one morning. I just opened up one of my nebula pieces and started doodling. I didn't think about it beforehand, or plan anything - I just let the process take over. An hour one morning and an hour the next morning. And then I stopped. Once I started drawing the concept started coming to life. I began seeing an alien animal skull shape which made me think of old pirate sailing ships and Chinese junks. The thing I really got excited about was the idea of rigging on spaceships. That's not something I've seen a lot of before. It helps harken back to those earlier designs without borrowing so much from them to be obvious. It also sells the idea of piracy, of less-then perfect manufacturing processes, slapped together from junk sales - which I love.

I've created over 250+ cards for the Eve Board Game now and I'm still working on it every single day. After all that I'm really feeling the need to work on some original pieces again. So I'm thinking about doing more art like this, which may or may not actually have anything to do with Eve. Or it might. It'll depend. That ship design could be Eve Online, or it could be something else. Who knows? I enjoyed creating it and that's all that matters.

I took a year off to work on the board game, which has been awesome, but that also means I have no idea right now what comes next. And that is more than a little concerning. But truthfully, I've never had any idea what comes next. And neither do you dear reader. None of us do. And that has been the state of being my whole career. So something will come along and it'll most likely stem from one of the hundreds of threads I'm constantly pulling. Just like it always does.

Anyway. I didn't have much to say today and just wanted to share this new piece of art. The Pledge Manager is up and running now over at the Board Game Kickstarter, so be sure to get your order set-up just the way you want it. If you missed out on the KS originally, you can now just go over and order a game for yourself if you want. So you don't miss out. I know I went right over and finished up my own order yesterday. 

Speaking of which, back to work.