15,000

 


Yesterday during our Enyo fleet I managed to score my 15,000th confirmed kill in Eve Online. Two and a half years after scoring my 10,000th kill. Which means my ultimate goal of passing 20k should hopefully happen sometime in late 2026 at the current rate. 

Less then some, more than most. You can read the previous blog post about my 10,000th kill for all the disclaimers regarding these milestones if you desire. But moving forward I'm not going to be doing those anymore. A killboard is a record. Nothing more, nothing less. There are people who love them and people who hate them. People who pretend not to care about them and people who actually don't care about them. And people, like me, who see them simply as what they are - a record. And nothing more.

I certainly didn't invent the killboard, so I've decided to stop being an apologist for them. I will continue to simply mark these milestones as they happen in my career and leave the rest to others. I have nothing to apologize for. I play my way, you can play yours.

Just know that I am very, very good at playing my way.

At least 82.5% of the time :)