Today I released my second album of original Eve Online songs (written by me, produced by Suno) to over 21 streaming platforms, including Apple Music and Spotify. The album should be available later today or over the weekend, it depends on the service at this point. Just search for Rixx Javix and enjoy the first album (JAMS) of Hip-Hop classics while you wait.
This album is all about Rock (get it?) and all 10 songs in various rock 'n roll styles are inspired by Eve Online. Some of them you may have heard earlier versions of at the end of The Safe Spot, but most are versions you've never heard before. The history of one song in particular goes all the way back into the history books. And I'll explain the inspiration and history of each song below. But first, a word from our sponsor.
Hello everyone. I'm Rixx's super-ego and I'd like to explain something to you all. These albums are an art project. Rixx has spent a tremendous amount of time writing, re-writing, and perfecting these songs. And he fully expects many of you to hate him for it. To dismiss the effort. To write him off as "using AI" and how dare he do so! Wanker! Many of you will listen and enjoy the songs for what they are. But ultimately I'm a creative person exploring a new tool that allows me to share a part of my creativity that until now would be extremely challenging to share. As stated many, many times - I am no fan of AI. And I'd like you to stop it, take down the Data Centers, fight the machine, and eliminate AI from our lives. Go ahead. Please do it. Yeah, thats what I thought. Lighten up a little. We're all stuck in the same pig pen.
Until utopia arrives, here is some background on each song:
1. Trust The Rust - One of the very first Eve Online songs I ever wrote, the original version of this song dates back to 2012. I wrote a short lyrical piece in my notebook after returning from a roam down in Minnie space and last year expanded it into a full piece. Since then it has undergone multiple attempts, re-writes, and versions to get it right. Enthusiasm and energy are tough to capture, but I'm finally happy with the end result and I hope you enjoy it. I think it's the perfect song to open the album with.
2. Let's Have A Fight - I used an earlier version of this song on a video short, but this was 100% inspired by the Dropkick Murphys and I wanted to capture that bar fight energy in a song about PvP fights. If you can listen to this and not get excited to undock, then I don't know what to tell you.
3. Stevie Was A Garmur Pilot - This is "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver" by Primus translated into the Eve universe. Every album seems to have one direct parody, last album it was "No Sleep Till HED-GP" and this album it is this song. I think it works really well, we've all known a pilot like Stevie I think. Gung-ho for no good reason. This one was my wife's idea.
4. Wild Banshees - This one is based on one of the most popular posts on this blog. I don't know why exactly but that post has some kind of magical search engine magic that draws large crowds to it. Inspiration comes from many places.
5. Dead All Over - For every song, to one degree or another, I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of the people inside of New Eden. Their experiences, how they view the universe, what would they write about? Certainly one topic that I think capsuleers would struggle with is death, corpses, and the meaning of it all. I know I've left corpses of myself all over the map. This song started life as a country and western outlaw song, but it just didn't work that way. But it still has a bit of that mid-western feel to it.
6. This Is Why I Play - This song comes directly from a poem I wrote 11 years ago:

Comments