It's Alive!

I may live to regret this, but the Death Race is officially live this morning!  I just posted the revised and official rules on the EVE Forums, the BattleClinic Forums and over on the official Death Race Blog.  So deep breath and hang onto your seats cause no one knows what happens next.  Least of all me.


I've never organized an in-game Eve Event before, or an out-of-game one for that matter.  I blame Nashh.  I'd been thinking about doing this for awhile but something (probably common sense) kept telling me not to do it.  Then I had so much fun in his Celebrity Deathmatch, it got me to lower my defenses and say, "What the Hell!"


Even with the limited exposure of the sneak-peek last week the response has been overwhelmingly positive.  If by overwhelming I mean totally, not one negative yet.  I think that was what was stopping me before, why would anyone pay any attention to anything I tried to do?  I mean seriously, who am I?  Even in the environment of an Internet Spaceship Game we all have those fears, especially the fear of rejection.  It is silly of course.  In the end all that really matters is that you try, you give it your best shot and hope everyone has fun.


Because that is what the event is for.  It isn't about following rules, or winning prizes, it's about having fun. 


I hope.