EVEOGANDO MANIFESTO, or How I Stopped Worrying and Loved Eve Anyway



Howdy.  My name is Rixx Javix and I write a blog called Eveoganda. This is my personal Eve-related blog, this one is mine, there are others like it, but this one is mine. I've been writing it for almost two years now and in that time I like to think I've done a pretty decent job of entertaining, informing, and generally providing superior value for my readers FREE entertainment dollar.


Having said that, I think it is important, every so often, to re-state the general idea of Eveoganda and why it is probably a tad different than other blogs or sites about Eve. Since we get a tremendous amount of traffic and new people coming and going, some of you may not be familiar with the style of content you can expect.


1) EVE-OGANDA. It is deliberate and purposeful combination of two words, EVE and PROPAGANDA. If you are unfamiliar with the word propaganda, here is a definition:


"information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc."


Now combine that with EVE and you get the general idea.


2) This is not the BBC. I am under no obligations to provide accurate, well researched, sourced, or confirmed information or opinions on my blog. In fact, I tend to make a lot of stuff up, exaggerate, alter, refine, or otherwise slant things. Usually to my own benefit and those of my Corporation or Alliance.  Or to entertain. Think of Eveoganda as "Based on a True Story" and you'll get the idea.


3) Notice tongue firmly in cheek. I write this blog to entertain myself first and foremost.  I do not subscribe to the "Eve is serious business" camp of thought, in point of fact I am diametrically opposed to that line of thinking. To me Eve is a game that I play in my limited free time, a social club if you will, that involves internet spaceships. It has zero impact on my real life and I like it that way. Almost everything I write on this blog is from that perspective, tongue firmly in cheek.


4) Daily Content. I typically write, on average, a post a day. Except for weekends, although sometimes then too. This means that a post written on Tuesday might have opinions and feelings and thoughts about Eve that may or may not be true when Friday rolls around. My opinions about Eve change, expand and mature over time. Unlike politicians who have to believe the same shit for decades because they once said something about it once, I don't. Deal with it.


5) My Ego. I have one, we all do, but mine is totally immune to anything that happens within the confines of this blog, twitter, forums, or in-game. The fact that this blog gets between 5 and 10 thousands hit a day on average (although yesterday we had nearly 20! Woot!) means nothing to me. (See #3)  Mostly this helps my commission business which I use to pay for Eve which keeps me from ratting, missioning or making iskies in any way at all. So I can shoot spaceships full-time. Since that is the only part of Eve that interests me at all.


I am a pot-stirrer, always have been. I enjoy rattling the cages and getting the monkeys riled up. I am not going to keep my mouth shut or write posts that make everyone feel better about themselves. Not all the time anyway. I make fun of people, of CCP, of EVE all the time. I also write informative guides and opinions that I hope help other players. I would do anything for you my readers. I respect and admire my fellow bloggers. I love the Eve community. And I've been, I believe, one of its biggest supporters.


I am a nice guy. I run a business and I have a family, a big one. Eve is not that important. So relax and enjoy the ride.


I am.