Clarification

The other day a Shadow Cartel pilot was on station in Lisb. He was in a Jaguar and I was in a Daredevil. He yellow-boxed me and I yellow-boxed him back. I said, "So?" in local. As in, are we gonna dance?

I aligned out and warped off to a belt. During warp I said, "1v1 kewl" in local. There were no other Tuskers or Shadow pilots in local at the time.

He lands in the belt and we yellow-box each other again. Once again I waited till he started shooting first to make sure he wanted to fight me. Granted, I usually don't do this, but this is Shadow and they are my friends. I give my friends the benefit of the doubt.

He started. So I started. We fight and local spikes +2 and the Cynabal and Rapier land and kill me. They also grab my pod and demand a ransom, I believe it was 1 Billion isk.

I was angry so I told them where they could stick their ransom demand. It is only a pod and I have more of them. An endless supply.

I want to be perfectly clear, the above was in no way an "officially" sanctioned 1v1 duel according to the Tuskers or Shadow Cartel.

I also want to be clear that I don't actually give a rat's ass one way or the other. I didn't ask for compensation, replacement Daredevil or anything else. I haven't asked for anything. Nothing.

Yesterday I warped in on the pilot at the Sun. He was in a Harbi and I was in my Sac. Instead of trying to fight him, which I would normally do, I warped away.

I won't be fighting any 1v1s with that pilot ever again.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for most of the pilots in Shadow. I have, in the past, often given them a pass when I could have easily have killed them. And vice versa by the way.

The above incident has nothing at all to do with Shadow or the Tuskers.

My thoughts on this are over. I leave you to draw your own conclusions.