Art Print Poster Series

Ferox Art Print
Click to embiggen!
Because I don't already have more than enough on my plate, I decided to add yet another project. I've always loved and appreciated the variety and design sensibilities of Eve's many spaceships, it was one of the things that drew me to the game in the first place. So I'd like to honor that by creating a new series of Art Style Posters featuring each of the major ships in our universe.

There are many talented artists that can do things with 3d that I can only dream of doing, and the ships are already beautifully rendered in-game in glorious 3d. So I've decided to go in a different direction, to try and capture the angles, the looks, the feel of each ship in a clean, minimal-design sense that is "hopefully" something a little different. 

Before you ask, no I am not doing one for every single ship available. I'll be using my own judgement when it comes to which ships I want to take the time and energy to portray, but I do plan on doing one of each of the 'major' ships in New Eden. That gives me some room for sanity.

The Flickr Album is located here if you'd like to bookmark it for future reference.

Also, I'd like to mention that each poster is available for FREE in glorious hi-resolution at 11x17 and 300dps if anyone is interested in having an actual printed piece to hang on their wall. Since CCP won't allow me to provide those to you, you'll have to write me an email and special request a copy thru Dropbox or email. The pictures on Flickr are full size JPGs and should be fine for most uses however.

Here are the other two posters in the series so far:


Slicer Art Print

Gnosis Art Print Poster
More to come.

PS: If you are curious about how these are created I'll give you a brief overview. These are not screenshots pasted on, each ship is created based on art derived from Paul Oosterman's Jeremy project - which you can find here - and meticulously re-created in glorious vector art in Adobe Illustrator. That process is a secret one that I've developed that uses about 50% automation and about 50% hand sweat, some ships take longer than others to create. The Gnosis ship art, for example, took about an hour to create. While the Slicer ship art only took about fifteen minutes for some reason. The entire poster is designed and laid out in Illustrator to give it that awesome clean perfection and then copied into a master template in Photoshop for final color correction and minor tweaks. So each poster exists in both 100% vector form and in hi-res 300dps form. More stuff you probably didn't want to know.

PPS: One of my regular commenters was astute enough to remember another short-lived series that I did a few years back that was very similar to these. I was looking back thru the archives this past weekend when I stumbled over them and started thinking about re-starting the series again. But so much time had passed and I was anxious to start something new. The original concept behind those original pieces was more like what you see now, but as often happens they went in a different direction. So, in a way, this new series is more like the original series was supposed to be in the first place. If that makes any sense at all.

If you are curious here are links to that series:
Slicer - Rifter - Sacrilege