Rixx Has Point Podcast


I've been thinking about doing a podcast for over three years, I've even mentioned it many times here in these pages. So the other night while we were watching the new season of Maron on Netflix, I decided it was time to get off the pot and do eet! I'm a huge fan of Marc Maron's WTF podcast and while I have no intentions of trying to emulate his show, it does sort of fit the general expectations I've set for myself. Goodness knows it may all crash and burn horribly. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

It is time to branch out and try something new. I've been banging it in these pages for a long time now and while the blog is doing well, it is about time to expand things a bit. Plus I finally have the new computer up and running, new audio set-up, and all the software I'll need to make it happen. So why not?

I plan on taking elements from the blog and translating them into a weekly show. A short weekly show, I'm thinking of aiming for between 30-60 minutes tops. I don't know about you, but I prefer a shorter show. It gives me a much better chance of finding time to listen to it. Plus I think its a good idea to try and keep things moving. I'd also like to aim at having a guest for each show if possible. I'm not trying to re-create or publish something like anyone else's show. My goal is to create something rather unique and that stands on its own. But I'm also leaving things open to develop over time. A show like this needs to work on its own merits, so we'll see where it takes us.

So this post is really just an announcement that I'm moving forward with it. I'm talking with the guys at Evil At Work about hosting, it seems the timing may work out perfectly since they are just about ready to launch a podcasting home themselves. If that works out then that will solve some back-end headaches for me and give the podcast a place to live and do whatever it is destined to do.

More updates coming soon™