500 Hats

Tweetfleet 500 Hats
4k Wallpaper, click for download
I made the very first Tweetfleet hat on June 21st, 2011, almost five years ago now. Since then I've created well over 500 of them for my fellow Tweetfleet community members. I can't be accurate as to the exact number because I believe I lost a few dozen when my computer died back in the Fall. Additionally, along the way I created a bunch for real life photos, cartoon characters, and other silly things. But I went with the 500 number because the folder I keep all the hats in now has 500 items in it. So that's good enough for me.

I never intended for this to be a "thing". But I will be the first to admit that when I put a hat on my own Avatar that first day, I knew I had created something very bizarre, special and different. There is undeniably something magical about seeing an Eve Avatar with a hat. I can't explain it. But I know it is real. Good thing I don't need to explain it, I just know it's real. Every hat I create is done out of love for Eve and our great community. Every single one. Enemies, friends, mates, pirates, miners, hi-sec gankers, CCP employees, every hat was thought out, considered and lovingly crafted. If any haters want to jump on me for using the word "love" in conjunction with Eve, then go ahead. I'm not going to apologize for it. I love my work. I always have.

I also admit to a touch of melancholy when I look at some of these. Many of these people are no longer players, or no longer work at CCP, or no longer blog, or are missing from our community. Time marches on I suppose. But I miss them all.

I remember making every single hat. I plan on making a video as soon as we finish moving into our new home next week. But more on that in another post.

Until then, the Haberdashery remains open for business.