Faction Warfare

 


For years no one believed that Warp Core Stabilizers would ever change. We were once told that hats in Eve were impossible. That monocles and designer clothes could be purchased in-game with real world cash. (Incarna, you had to be there) That the Vagabond would lose it's trademark frills. I could go on. Over the past eleven years in the pages of this blog, at player events, on Tweetfleet, and in back-room discussions I've become known as someone who gets things done.

Over the years I've advocated for tactical bookmarks (Done!), expanded skill train (Done!), star harvesting (Still waiting), ECM changes (Done!), expanded ship fits (Done!), shared bookmarks (Done!) and the list goes on and on. And look, just to be clear here, I'm not taking sole credit for any of these. It takes a village to build consensus and change. And there remain a lot of things that need done, from small stuff (like getting the Strip Fitting and Undock options further apart!) to big stuff - like Faction Warfare.

For years now I've said in this blog that I believed the best place for me was out here on my soapbox. And, as we can see from the above, I have managed to get a lot accomplished. There is much more to it than just yelling on the corner however. And this last year spent without player meets and Dev face-time has shown me that the time for being on the sidelines is over. It's time to get into the thick of things.

Even if you don't know me, you know some things about me already. First of all you know I will never give up. I've been called relentless and I believe that is appropriate. The first mentions about Warp Core Stabilizers appeared ten years ago in these pages. A decade. If that isn't dedication, then what is?  Secondly you know I'm real when I say Low Sec is important to me. I'm not a transplant, a tourist, or a wanna-be null sec king someday. I've been in low sec exclusively for over a decade now, -10 every day (or as close as you can be with gate rats and skill point NPC kills!), and bringing content with Stay Frosty and ABA, not to mention our legendary public events. Like the record breaking recent FFA.

So, when I say Faction Warfare is going to be my next thing - you should believe it.

By the way, Faction Warfare is going to be my next thing.

If you elect me to the CSM Faction Warfare changes/updates/corrections will be my flagship effort. Getting stuff done for FW is not a simple button push, it is a complicated issue and will require more than just promises to affect change. And while others may blindly promise you this or that specific thing if elected, I'm not going to do that. Because I know, and you know, that isn't how the CSM works. What I am going to promise is that I will get things done. And I'll be there to ensure they get done right.

I have a lot of ideas about how to fix Faction Warfare, we all do. What I'm missing right now is important pieces that only CCP knows, data, activity, and pieces of a longer term development plan. I don't have access to those pieces. Only the CSM and CCP does.

Many of us believe changes are already on the horizon. Possibly they are. Which I believe makes it critical to have a representative there to ensure we are going in the right direction.

I'm asking you to support my effort to be that representative.