Eveoganda Films: Greatness

 


Originally created back in April 2015, this is my attempt to marry a quote by the great Carl Sagan to our history in Eve Online. Back then it was slightly criticized for the visuals not matching up to the hopeful narration. That was after all my intention. The juxtaposition of Sagan's hopeful and optimistic words with the increasingly violent background visuals, at least in my opinion, is why this video remains so powerful. Human nature being what it is, the fact that we haven't escaped it in 20,000+ years is disappointing, certainly, but more than likely a better reflection of the truth sadly.

Obviously my hope is that we reconcile our nature before it destroys us. I share his optimism and hope for a brighter future. While I also maintain a healthy skepticism based solely on what we continue to see around us.