The Second Decade

 


How do you keep a Corporation going strong for a decade inside of a video game like Eve Online? I have no idea to be honest. I don't believe many people do. There isn't a lot of learning available for such things, no world conferences to attend, no youtube videos to watch - this is entirely new ground. In May of 2023 Stay Frosty will be ten years old. A decade of YARRR!

Our mission when I started the Corporation was simple - to preserve what I felt (and still feel) is the best way to enjoy PvP inside of Eve Online - Low Sec Piracy. In a casual environment that encouraged pilots to explore their own ability against the rest of New Eden. No blues. No commitments. Just good fights, laughs, and tons of fun. I have to say that I believe we exceeded that original mission. Rather handily.

I haven't written as much lately because I've been busy asking my fellow pilots in Stay Frosty for advice, comments, and feedback. I've been holding Town Hall meetings on Discord and taking time to figure out where we go from here. This all started because of Uprising and the drastic changes it has brought to our hunting grounds. Low Sec is different now and these changes, will outstanding and long needed, have upset the apple cart of our playstyle. Often in ways that we are just now starting to see first hand.

All I do know is this - that in order to survive the last ten years in an environment designed to destroy us - we needed strong leadership. Someone who believes in the mission and the purpose of Stay Frosty and who will never waver on that mission. Me, obviously. Stay Frosty is my baby. And I will do anything I can to protect it and keep it going strong. We once had almost 400 pilots in Corp and we once had 2. Somewhere in-between those two numbers is where we've been for the past ten years and somewhere between those two numbers is where we will be ten years from now.

I can't make Stay Frosty be for everyone. That is what other Corporations are for. All I can do is make Stay Frosty be what it is and hope that other pilots find it a good place to be. There is literally nothing else like it anywhere in New Eden. And that is its charm. It is up to me to preserve that heritage and move it forward into the future. And that is what I intend to do.

Not everyone is going to like it. I'm making some changes that won't be super popular. These changes are necessary to ensure the survival of our group and our playstyle. They are based on feedback and what most of our pilots want and I strongly believe they are the right direction for us. Or else I wouldn't do it.

Heavy is the crown.